NEWCASTLE United are weighing up their next move after having their opening offer for Jørgen Strand Larsen rejected by Wolves.
The bid was said to be in the region of £50m, but was instantly knocked back by Wolves, who are adamant they don't want to sell this summer.
The 25-year-old striker has always featured prominently in Newcastle's thinking this summer, and the Magpies made their move with a week to go in the transfer window.
But they must now quickly decide whether to return with an improved offer or turn their attention elsewhere as they continue their efforts to bolster the forward line.
Yoane Wissa remains a target but Brentford continue to stand firm, with Keith Andrews saying today: "There has been no movement in any way and I fully expect Yoane to be here come next Tuesday."
**RECOMMENDED READING:**
Wissa resumed training with Brentford last week but wasn't involved in their squad for Saturday's Premier League game against Aston Villa and will again be absent when the Bees face Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night.
Andrews said: "The cup game will give an opportunity for other players but, equally, we want to take it very, very seriously.
"For me, it's good timing for some of those players that may have been a bit frustrated not to have played; some of those will get opportunities. The focus is on the group so Yoane won't be involved. Again, that's a decision around what I feel is best for the group."
Strand-Larsen scored 14 top flight goals in an impressive first full Premier League season after joining Wolves in an initial loan deal 12 months ago.
A £23m permanent move was triggered earlier this summer, but Wolves value the striker at significantly more than double what they paid.
Vítor Pereira's side have lost their first two Premier League games this season and are desperate to hold on to Larsen.