westhamzone.com

West Ham respond to bid from fellow Premier League side for player who started vs Chelsea -…

Graham Potter in a circular inset with his hands covering his face, David Moyes fist pumping.

(Credit: Imago)

Niall Togher

Mon 25 August 2025 15:49, UK

David Moyes could be set to poach one of his former players at West Ham to join him at Everton.

Following on from Everton’s poor result against Chelsea at the London Stadium, Graham Potter is in desperate need of a positive result to get the Hammers’ Premier League campaign up and running.

West Ham’s defending was comical at times, and new signing Mads Hermansen has looked like a liability in his first two appearances for the East London club.

With the West Ham faithful currently down in the dumps, they could be handed another blow if Moyes steals one of the players who started in the game against Chelsea.

West Ham manager Graham Potter looks down.

Potter’s men have conceded eight goals in their opening two Premier League fixtures (Credit: Imago)

David Moyes and Tomas Soucek reunion on the cards

Soucek was reinstated into the starting XI on Friday night, but his inclusion made little impact on the final score.

Soucek, like the rest of his teammates, struggled against Chelsea

The midfielder lost possession nine times in the 70 minutes he was on the field

He also failed to make a single interception and was poor in his ground duels, winning just two out of six

MORE WEST HAM STORIES

However, the appearance against Chelsea may have been Soucek’s final one in a West Ham shirt, with the 30-year-old being the subject of a bid from Everton and his former manager Moyes, according to Jacob Steinberg on X on 25 August.

The Hammers reportedly rejected the bid, but given how highly Moyes has spoken about the midfielder in the past, it would be a fair assumption that he would continue to pursue a deal for the Czech Republic international.

What has David Moyes previously said about Tomas Soucek?

Soucek was a regular during Moyes’ tenure at the London Stadium and also featured as part of their Europa Conference League-winning side.

The Scottish manager has spoken highly of Soucek in the past, and after initially bringing the towering midfielder to East London back in 2020, his previous praise of Soucek makes it look likely he will do all he can to ensure he makes the move to Merseyside.

“His standards have been set so high, he has hardly put a foot wrong. He is a great lad to have around your team,” Moyes said after Soucek’s performance against Wolves in 2022.

The praise for the player continues as recently as last summer, when Moyes also had this to say about Soucek: “Tomas Soucek is a brilliant guy. He changed us at West Ham. He was in there every day, so committed.

“He gave the whole club a lift. Over the seasons, he has been a great player for us. Just his all-round general attitude.”

It remains to be seen exactly how much Everton bid for Soucek, but West Ham chiefs will no doubt be bracing themselves for a follow-up offer of some sort.

Sign up for the West Ham Zone WhatsApp channel and turn on notifications to have all the latest, breaking West Ham United news sent straight to your phone.

Related Posts

Read full news in source page