Everton are up against the clock if they are going to end the summer transfer window with all of their needs addressed.
It is expected that the final week will get off to a flying start, as Everton near the signing of Tyler Dibling from Southampton.
Everton picked up three points on Sunday, with David Moyes making a number of changes to his starting XI to face Brighton & Hove Albion.
It had been suggested that there were some concerns within Everton over Thierno Barry and his ability to hit the ground running.
The young Frenchman did not score against the Seagulls, but he did show a lot of promising moments.
Despite spending £27m on Barry, it is understood Everton are open to signing another striker this summer.
And one player on the radar is now looking to push through a move before Monday’s deadline.
Everton manager David Moyes waving in match against Brighton and Hove Albion.
Photo by Clive Mason/Getty Images
Everton target Hamza Igamane refuses to play for Rangers
Earlier this summer, it was suggested that Everton were keen to sign Hamza Igamane from Scottish giants Rangers.
MORE EVERTON STORIES
It has not been the start to the season Russell Martin will have hoped for, and he could now be about to lose the Moroccan forward.
Speaking after the game, the new Rangers boss admitted Igamane refused to come on from the bench when called upon.
“I turned around to him at 60 minutes, and Hamza told me he’s injured. I have to trust him, but we’ll see,” Martin said after their draw on Sunday.
“The issue is that the window is still open and there are people with one eye out and one eye in. We had a bid this week for Hamza that we rejected.”
Some Everton fans have shared concerns about signing Igamane, who is clearly wanting out of Glasgow before the deadline next week.
What will be interesting now is how his actions on Sunday may be viewed by those interested clubs.
David Moyes has not been impressed with Beto
Amid Barry making his full debut for the Toffees on the weekend, there will be questions over Beto’s role in the side.
After just one week, the experienced striker has already been uprooted from the starting XI by the youngster.
Speaking to the media over the summer, Moyes has admitted he’s not been impressed with Beto, who has struggled to find his best form.
If someone like Igamane was to land on Merseyside, it would be fascinating to see where Beto’s place in the squad lies.
Beto has received interest from abroad, but it is potentially too late for Everton to allow a player like him to leave.