londonworld.com

Chelsea transfer round-up: Blues in 'advanced talks' over attacker as club 'confident' they can …

Maresca wants more signingsplaceholder image

Maresca wants more signings | AFP via Getty Images

All the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Chelsea as they begin preparations for Fulham.

Chelsea are now looking ahead to a West London derby clash with Fulham after a superb win over rivals West Ham on Friday night. The Blues made easy work of the Hammers despite going behind, but Enzo Maresca’s men will surely face a more difficult test against a Fulham side that is always organised under Marco Silva.

In the meantime, the Blues will be working away to wrap up sales and more incoming deals as the end of the transfer window comes into sight, with the window closing on Monday. Here we round up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding Stamford Bridge.

Garnacho talks advancing

Chelsea are now said to be in ‘advanced talks’ with Manchester United over the signing of Alejandro Garnacho. The Blues have been eyeing the winger since January, and fortunately for them, Ruben Amorim fell out with the Argentine at the end of last season.

That has paved the way for Chelsea to move close to sealing the deal, although they have had to prioritise on exits over the last couple of weeks or so. United reportedly want around £40million for Garnacho, and Football.London claim talks are advancing, with the winger very keen on the move to Stamford Bridge, where he would theoretically replace the already departed Noni Madueke.

Disasi latest

Bournemouth are said to be back in the market for Axel Disasi as the Chelsea defender searches for a new opportunity away from Stamford Bridge. Fabrizio Romano posted on X: “Bournemouth are now in advanced talks to sign Axel Disasi as official, direct contact with Chelsea has been made. Clubs negotiating on final formula but Disasi clear top target for #AFCB and discussions underway. Bournemouth, confident to make it happen.”

Exits are key to Chelsea being able to bring in new players in the final week of the transfer window, and Disasi could be the next one out after the departure of Renato Veiga to Villarreal last week. The Blues are said to be asking for around £25million to £30million to sell Disasi, who has been ousted from Maresca’s plans due to a likely exit.

Neville on Chelsea title hopes

Gary Neville has issued his verdict on Chelsea after their big win over West Ham, with many wondering whether the Blues could be surprise - relatively speaking - candidates for the Premier League title race this season. Neville said on his podcast: “It’s a good away win for Chelsea. It will just get them going. Is it realistic that they can win the Premier League title? I don’t think so.”

“But I think if you’re getting into the Champions League places and in around there a couple of seasons on the bounce, then you know, you certainly started to move forward. And there’s a long way to go, but it was a game that you would expect them to win as well. Like West Ham are really struggling.”

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page