Morgan Rogers, Alexander Isak and Piero Hincapie
Targets: Morgan Rogers, Alexander Isak and Piero Hincapie
The summer transfer window has just seven more days to run, and there are still plenty of deals in the pipeline, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester United among the clubs working to finalise them. The Gunners may have already spent well over £250million this summer, but are not done yet as they hope to sign Piero Hincapie from Bayer Leverkusen. They have also wrapped up a record deal with Shamrock Rovers for starlet Victor Ozhianvuna.
Liverpool are now expected to step up their pursuit of Alexander Isak following last night's Premier League clash at Newcastle, with a second bid considered imminent. Rodrygo is their back-up plan as the Real Madrid has instructed his agents to find him a new club, with Tottenham also linked.
Spurs have seen a second bid for Nico Paz rejected and were said to be interested in Hincapie before Arsenal got involved. Morgan Rogers and Savinho remain key targets, but Manchester United hope they enter the race for Alejandro Garnacho. Chelsea remain confident of signing the Argentine, along with Xavi Simons, but the clock is ticking ahead of the September 1 deadline. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
Antony to Betis talks progressing
Talks over a transfer to take Antony back to Real Betis on a permanent deal from Manchester United are advancing.
The transfer flop spent last season on loan in Spain after being told to find a new club by Ruben Amorim.
The Telegraph report that talks are ongoing, and that there is ‘hope’ of a deal being completed.
REUTERS
Tottenham are ready to test Aston Villa's resolve with a huge bid for Morgan Rogers.
Journalist Pete O'Rouke claims Rogers is Spurs' dream target for the remainder of the window as they finally look to sign a new No10 at the third time of asking.
Aston Villa are expected to demand £100million. Reports have suggested Spurs would be prepared to spend close to £90m is a deal for Savinho fails.
Interest in the Manchester City winger remains, who will cost around £70m.
Adam Davy/PA Wire
The Bayer Leverkusen centre-back is a target for Mikel Arteta for the left-hand side of his defence, but Standard Sport understands a deal may hinge on the Gunners making space in the first-team squad.
As reported earlier this month, Arsenal hope to shift both Jakub Kiwior and Oleksandr Zinchenko. Porto are expected to bid for the Polish defender this week.
Piero Hincapie
Piero Hincapie
Arne Slot hinted he is happy with his striker options after Liverpool beat Newcastle on Monday.
Asked about Liverpool’s interest in Isak, Slot said he hoped the focus could be on Ekitikes’ performance instead.
“I think the story should be about Hugo Ekitike scoring another goal for us,” he said.
“He has been three games with us now, scored three goals, impacted the games he played.
“This is not the place to talk about anything other than that.”
Newcastle United v Liverpool - Premier League
Newcastle United v Liverpool - Premier League
Kobbie Mainoo is thought to be searching for a move away from Man United.
It comes after contract talks fell through.
The Daily Mail has now been revealed that wages proved a sticking point after the young midfielder demanded a £180,000-per-week package, terms which the club were unwilling to meet.
Wolves are adamant that they will not sell Jorgen Strand Larsen this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
They turned down a £50m offer from Newcastle for his services today.
Newcastle could now turn their attention to Nicolas Jackson.
Napoli are close to agreeing a deal to take Rasmus Hojlund on loan from Manchester United.
Talks regarding personal terms are ongoing, but Napoli are pushing to complete the deal in short order, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Bruno Fernandes has been ‘directly approached’ by Al Ittihad regarding a transfer, according to Ben Jacobs.
Manchester United are not worried about losing him, though, as there has not yet been any club-to-club contact.
A move is considered unlikely after Fernandes turned down the chance to join Al Hilal earlier this summer.
Arsenal reach agreement with Hincapie
Arsenal have reportedly reached an agreement in principle to sign Piero Hincapie.
That is according to journalist Nicolo Schira, who adds that a five-year contract has been agreed.
Palmeiras eye Fulham star
Palmeiras are planning a bid for Fulham’s Andreas Pereira.
The midfielder was left out of Marco Silva’s squad as Man United visited Craven Cottage this weekend.
Pereira is open to the move, according to TalkSport.
Shopping Best Buys
Morgan Rogers, Alexander Isak and Piero Hincapie
Targets: Morgan Rogers, Alexander Isak and Piero Hincapie
The summer transfer window has just seven more days to run, and there are still plenty of deals in the pipeline, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester United among the clubs working to finalise them. The Gunners may have already spent well over £250million this summer, but are not done yet as they hope to sign Piero Hincapie from Bayer Leverkusen. They have also wrapped up a record deal with Shamrock Rovers for starlet Victor Ozhianvuna.
Liverpool are now expected to step up their pursuit of Alexander Isak following last night's Premier League clash at Newcastle, with a second bid considered imminent. Rodrygo is their back-up plan as the Real Madrid has instructed his agents to find him a new club, with Tottenham also linked.
Spurs have seen a second bid for Nico Paz rejected and were said to be interested in Hincapie before Arsenal got involved. Morgan Rogers and Savinho remain key targets, but Manchester United hope they enter the race for Alejandro Garnacho. Chelsea remain confident of signing the Argentine, along with Xavi Simons, but the clock is ticking ahead of the September 1 deadline. Follow the latest transfer news, gossip and rumours live below!
Latest transfer news headlines
Royal Antwerp appear to have accepted they will be losing Senne Lammens before the summer transfer window closes amid interest from Manchester United.
Man United are understood to be in talks with Antwerp about a move for their goalkeeper.
Lammens was left out of the Antwerp squad for their 2-1 win over Mechelen.
Whether that means a definitive decision has been made remains to be seen, but Antwerp certainly did not want to risk a potential deal by selecting the 23-year-old.
BELGA MAG/AFP via Getty Images
Rodrygo latest
Real Madrid winger Rodrygo is a name to keep an eye on in the final week of the summer transfer window.
Tipped to leave the Spanish giants amid links to Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool, the Brazilian reportedly has an £86.6million price-tag on his head.
When discussing Rodrygo's future on Sunday, journalist Fabrizio Romano feels the 24-year-old's future is linked to what happens with Man City winger Savinho.
He said: “My feeling is that for Man City, the only way to open doors for Savinho to go is if they find the right replacement.
“The player they want remains Rodrygo from Real Madrid but Rodrygo is very expensive – more than €100m [£86.6m]. He has a big salary, Rodrygo is very happy at Real Madrid, so it’s a deal to build.
“I always told you about Man City wanting Rodrygo, but you have to build this one. By ‘build’ I mean salary, convincing the player, and also the fee for Real Madrid. This is not something you close in 24 hours.”
Double medical booked
Chelsea’s list of summer outgoings is set to continue growing as Carney Chukwuemeka and Aaron Anselmino both close in on moves to Borussia Dortmund, writes Dom Smith.
Chukwuemeka is set to rejoin the Bundesliga outfit permanently after spending six months on loan there last season, while Anselmino is set for a simple loan move with no option to buy.
Both players have been given permission to travel for their medicals, which are pencilled in for today.
Composite image of Aaron Anselmino and Carney Chukwuemeka
Composite image of Aaron Anselmino and Carney Chukwuemeka
Victor Ozhianvuna agrees to join Arsenal
Arsenal are set to sign Shamrock Rovers starlet Victor Ozhianvuna in a record sale for the League of Ireland, writes Simon Collings.
Ozhianvuna, 16, will sign a pre-contract agreement and is due to join up with the Gunners in January of 2027, after his 18th birthday.
He is set to sign a four-and-a-half-year deal, which is expected to be announced later this week.
Reports in Ireland set the fee at €2million (£1.73m), eclipsing the record set when Mason Melia joined Tottenham from St Patrick’s Athletic for £1.5m earlier this year.