cominghomenewcastle.sbnation.com

Alexander Isak Called Out Again Amid Transfer Saga

Eddie Howe says he will only select players who are fully committed to Newcastle United, as the club’s ownership held talks with Alexander Isak in a bid to reintegrate him into the squad.

Daily Mail reported that co-owner Jamie Reuben and PIF director Jacobo Solis visited the striker at his Northumberland home on Monday, hours before Newcastle’s 3–2 defeat to Liverpool at St James’ Park.

The Sweden international, who has refused to train or play amid his push for a move to Anfield, was urged to return to Eddie Howe’s plans.

Isak has so far remained adamant that he wants to leave, but Newcastle have rejected Liverpool’s £110million bid and failed in attempts to sign replacements, making the situation a lose-lose one for all parties involved.

A £50m move for Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Jørgen Strand Larsen was turned down earlier on Monday, while Yoane Wissa’s negotiations remain stalled and looking more unlikely to end in a transfer than collapsing entirely.

“I’m not party to talks that have been happening,” Howe said after the Liverpool loss. “The quality of Alex, I think he would have made a difference in the two games. But the team has functioned well — you can’t carry anyone.”

Newcastle fought back with goals from Bruno Guimaraes and makeshift No. 9 William Osula before conceding a stoppage-time winner to Liverpool’s 16-year-old Rio Ngumoha in the 100th minute of play.

Howe praised his squad for putting distractions aside, but made clear the situation is unsustainable.

“We want clarity,” Howe said. “The ideal for everyone is that the narrative changes. From my perspective, I can only pick players who are ready to give everything for Newcastle.”

Read full news in source page