footballtransfers.com

Transfer News LIVE - Every rumour, every done deal: Jackson-Bayern ON

Martin Macdonald

Rodrygo

© IMAGO

The new season may have commenced in many top European leagues but there will still be a huge focus on the transfer market over the next week, as teams look to strengthen before the deadline on the first day of September.

As always, Premier League teams have spent heavily so far.

Manchester United have signed Matheus Cunha, Bryan Mbeumo and Benjamin Sesko to revamp their attack, with Manchester City also flexing their financial power to sign Tijani Reijnders, Rayan Ait-Nouri, Marcus Bettinelli and Rayan Cherki.

Chelsea have signed Liam Delap, Estevao, Jorrel Hato, Joao Pedro and Jamie Gittens, among others.

Arsenal have been very busy, too, bringing in Noni Madueke, Viktor Gyokeres, Martin Zubimendi, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Christian Norgaard and Cristhian Mosquera.

The biggest deal so far this summer saw Florian Wirtz complete a blockbuster transfer to Liverpool from Leverkusen, while they also brought in Milos Kerkez from Bournemouth and Hugo Ekitike and Jeremie Frimpong from the Bundesliga. Luis Diaz went in the other direction, signing for German giants Bayern Munich.

The transfer saga of the summer involves Alexander Isak, who is attempting to force through a departure from Newcastle to Liverpool.

Transfer News LIVE today

You can check out every single one of today's live updates from our team right here.

Look no further...

FootballTransfers LIVE - Every done deal, every rumour!

5m ago

09:53

Napoli about to get their man

Napoli to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Man Utd in 48 HOURS | FootballTransfers.com

Napoli to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Man Utd in 48 HOURS | FootballTransfers.com

Napoli are confident to complete the signing of Rasmus Hojlund from Man Utd in the next 48 hours.

Read this article

6m ago

09:52

Howe wants 'clarity' on Isak situation

Eddie Howe is looking for "clarity" regarding the Alexander Isak situation.

"I've not been party to talks on this for a long time now," he told reporters on Monday night.

"I've been preparing the team and giving all my energy to the players that want to play for Newcastle. I think that is where my energy is best put at the moment. We want clarity, we want to move forward, we want the narrative to change because we're in the start of the season now.

"We're into the action and we've got to get results, and we've got to try to focus on what we can control. We've given two really, really good performances, we've ended up with one point. That's tough for us to take, especially in this moment where you're looking for positives to cling to.

"But we battle through and we now go on to Leeds."

10m ago

09:48

Carragher: Newcastle should sell Isak to Liverpool

Jamie Carragher reckons Newcastle should sell Alexander Isak before deadline day.

Speaking ahead of Newcastle's home game against Liverpool on Monday, he said:

"I don't think a deal was ever going to get done before this game. I could not see that. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. I can't believe that for Liverpool it is just Isak or no one but it does feel like that the closer we get to the end of the window.

"Thierry Henry said that Isak is a must for Liverpool. I have never been of that opinion - [I am] one of the few Liverpool fans who is all in on Isak and we have to spend this money. I don't think he is as durable as someone like Mo Salah. Actually, over the last three seasons he has missed 36 league games. It is almost a season out of three seasons.

"But I think Newcastle should sell Isak.

"There will be so many people outside telling Newcastle and Eddie Howe what they need to do. You have to be strong. You have to show Liverpool or any other club that players cannot just come in and demand to go. But they don't have the problem of Isak every day. They don't have the problem that Eddie Howe has of going to every press conference and being asked about it. It is a cloud over the club constantly."

15m ago

09:44

Gordon apologies for horror tackle on Van Dijk

Anthony Gordon has taken to social media to apologise for his red card challenge on Virgil van Dijk during Newcastle's late 3-2 loss versus Liverpool.

He wrote: "I want to sincerely apologise to my team-mates and the fans. My intentions were pure. I was just trying to create energy in the game and I mistimed the tackle.

"I would never intend to tackle somebody like this on purpose. We spoke after and he [Van Dijk] knows that. More importantly, I'm so proud of the time I spent on the pitch and how we played tonight. The atmosphere is what makes St James Park so special.

"I love everything we stand for as a club, no more than right now. I'll be back and better, the same as every other setback I have faced."

34m ago

09:24

The latest on Mainoo

Man Utd transfer news: Kobbie Mainoo exit stance CONFIRMED by David Ornstein | FootballTransfers.com

Man Utd transfer news: Kobbie Mainoo exit stance CONFIRMED by David Ornstein | FootballTransfers.com

Kobbie Mainoo is officially open to leaving Manchester United this summer after falling out of favour under Ruben Amorim.

Read this article

36m ago

09:22

Three clubs in for Akanji

There are currently three clubs in the race to sign Manuel Akanji.

A move to Galatasarsy seemed inevitable for the Manchester City defender after a £15m (€17m) deal was agreed with the Turkish giants but no transfer has been confirmed yet, which has opened the door for Leverkusen and Crystal Palace.

The Sun reports that Palace have also bid £15m (€17m) for Akanji so it looks like it's up to the player.

44m ago

09:14

Betis enquire about Onana?

1h ago

09:09

Newcastle expect to sign Larsen

Newcastle are expected to sign Jorgen Strand Larsen despite having a £50 million (€57m) bid rejected for the player on Monday.

The Magpies are desperate for reinforcements in the final third and will become even more desperate in their situation if they lose Alexander Isak. Larsen has been identified as a target and although their initial approach was turned down, they will come back with an improved offer.

"Newcastle saw a £50m bid rejected yesterday by Wolves, but I still expect this deal to go through," journalist Jan Aage Fjørtoft wrote on X.

"Another offer is imminent, and I’m told it should be enough to make Jørgen a Newcastle player."

1h ago

09:04

Newcastle desperately want to keep Isak

Newcastle owners visit Isak’s home to stop Liverpool transfer | FootballTransfers.com

Newcastle owners visit Isak’s home to stop Liverpool transfer | FootballTransfers.com

Newcastle co-owner Jamie Reuben and a PIF delegation visited Alexander Isak at his home in a desperate attempt to prevent his transfer to Liverpool.

Read this article

1h ago

09:03

Bayern open talks for Jackson

Chelsea transfer news: Fabrizio Romano reveals direct Bayern talks to sign Nicolas Jackson | FootballTransfers.com

Chelsea transfer news: Fabrizio Romano reveals direct Bayern talks to sign Nicolas Jackson | FootballTransfers.com

Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Bayern Munich are in direct talks with Chelsea over signing Nicolas Jackson.

Read this article

17h ago

16:48

EXPLAINER

Why Como rejected €70m for Nico Paz – but will sell him back to Real Madrid for €10m | FootballTransfers.com

Why Como rejected €70m for Nico Paz – but will sell him back to Real Madrid for €10m | FootballTransfers.com

Nico Paz has made a spectacular start to the season for Como while the Argentina international is also making a splash in the transfer market.

Read this article

18h ago

16:25

Harder agrees Milan switch

18h ago

16:07

Wolves reject Newcastle bid for Larsen

Wolves have rejected a huge offer from Newcastle for Jorgen Strand Larsen.

The Magpies are keen for reinforcements in the final third and will pursue a new striker whether they sell Alexander Isak or not.

Their bid for Larsen was around £50 million (€57m) but Wolves insist their centre-forward will not be sold in the summer transfer window. (Sky Sports)

18h ago

15:46

Rodrygo wants to leave Real Madrid

Rodrygo has "instructed" his agents to find him a new club so he can leave Real Madrid.

The Brazilian's future has been a major talking point in this transfer window as he is reporteldy unhappy in the Madrid capital. He was given a surprise start at the weekend against Osasuna by Xabi Alonso but was replaced in the 63rd minute.

He looked visibly frustrated and threw a training top to the floor and he is now apparently at the end of his tether.

The Athletic reports that his agents Pini Zahavi and Kia Joorabchian have been tasked with securing Rodrygo an exit.

19h ago

15:11

Mainoo future

Man Utd transfer news: Kobbie Mainoo makes EXIT decision after Fulham exclusion | FootballTransfers.com

Man Utd transfer news: Kobbie Mainoo makes EXIT decision after Fulham exclusion | FootballTransfers.com

Kobbie Mainoo is reportedly open to leaving Manchester United before the summer transfer window closes on 1 September.

Read this article

Load more

Read full news in source page