chelseanews.com

Journalist Issues Cole Palmer Injury Update That Chelsea Fans Will Not Want To Hear

Chelsea attacking midfielder Cole Palmer is not expected to face Fulham on Saturday, according to The Telegraph ‘s Matt Law.

Speaking on the London Is Blue podcast, Law said that the 23-year-old is likely to return to action against Brentford next month:

“I had been told that the likelihood is he would miss this weekend with a view to coming back after the international break.”

“But people at Chelsea are saying it’s too premature to say that for sure. They are being careful with him.”

Palmer has been carrying an injury since the start of the season

The England international withdrew from the team to play West Ham on Friday night after pulling up in the warm-up. Estevao took his place in the lineup.

Most Read on Chelsea News

However, head coach Enzo Maresca revealed after the game that Palmer had picked up a groin problem prior to the opening day fixture against Crystal Palace.

The midfielder was keen to play through the injury, but it appears that he will need some time on the treatment table. He was expected to undergo tests to determine the extent of the issue this week.

Chelsea injury news ahead of the match against Fulham

You can read a more comprehensive injury update here, but it looks as though neither Romeo Lavia nor Benoit Badiashile will be back in contention for the London derby this weekend.

Lavia has been pictured on an exercise bike in the gym but he has yet to be seen out on the grass at Cobham. Badiashile, meanwhile, is in light training, but his comeback has been pencilled in for September.

Levi Colwill is the only other first-team player sidelined. The centre-back has already undergone surgery on an ACL injury which will keep him out for most of the season.

Read more about the Chelsea First Team Squad for 2025/26 here

Read full news in source page