nufcfeed.com

'Should be enough': Newcastle United expected to be successful with next striker bid after £50m …

· 26 August 2025, 14:30

**Newcastle United are clearly desperate for a centre-forward as more Premier League points slipped away on Monday night despite clear and persistent domination.**

Liverpool pulled off a smash-and-grab win at St James' Park, hitting Newcastle on the counter three times as the Magpies put the champions under constant pressure.

Newcastle thought they'd rescued a point coming from 2-0 down to level at 2-2 thanks to Bruno Guimaraes and Will Osula, but youngster Rio Ngumoha shattered Geordie dreams with seconds to spare.

However, much like the game against Aston Villa, there was a consensus that had Newcastle had a recognised striker on the field, the three points would have been going to the Magpies.

> [](https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1960237351914951131)

Former Middlesbrough forward Jan Aage Fjortoft is confident Newcastle will bag Jorgen Strand Larsen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior to last night's game, it was widely reported that Newcastle had seen a £50 million offer for Jorgen Strand Larsen rejected by Wolverhampton Wanderers, who insist that their £25 million summer signing is not for sale.

However, Jan Aage Fjortoft has now said on X that Newcastle are undeterred and are ready to go back with another bid that he believes will be accepted.

> "Re: Jørgen Strand Larsen "Newcastle saw a £50m bid rejected yesterday by Wolves, but I still expect this deal to go through.

>

> "Another offer is imminent, and I’m told it should be enough to make Jørgen a Newcastle player."

Jan Aage Fjortoft seems well placed to be reliable on this one

--------------------------------------------------------------

Fjortoft had reported earlier this summer that [Benjamin Sesko wanted Manchester United](https://nufcfeed.com/former-middlesbrough-striker-now-claims-22-year-old-newcastle-united-target-prefers-a-move-elsewhere-1478199) over Newcastle, and he turned out to be right about that, so should we believe the former Middlesbrough striker on this one, too?

It's likely that, as a Norwegian, he has some contacts close to Jorgen Strand Larson, so there's a good chance he has some inside information. Of course, it's not all down to the player who is already widely reported to be keen on the move to Tyneside. Wolves will have the final say.

Things will have to move quickly, so we should hopefully get some answers on this one today. Who knows, we may already have them by the time you're reading this.

Read full news in source page