molineux.news

'Trying to hijack': New twist in Fabio Silva saga as European giants target Wolves striker -…

Fabio Silva is still a Wolves player with just days to go until the transfer window closes, and the saga may have taken another turn.

Fabio Silva has been widely expected to depart Molineux on a permanent basis this summer, but surprisingly nothing has materialised yet.

The Portuguese striker wants to leave the club, but Wolves have been determined to fetch the highest possible price.

Silva and Wolves have both been adamant about a permanent exit.

Jorge Mendes was said to have been facilitating Silva’s move away from Wolves, but it still hasn’t happened yet.

In recent days, Dortmund stepped up their pursuit of Silva again with an agreement said to have been close.

But now there has been another development which may mean the saga drags on.

AC Milan are trying to hijack Borussia Dortmund’s move for Wolves striker Fabio Silva

Wolves striker Fabio Silva smiling.

Photo by Malcolm Couzens/Getty Images

According to journalist Rudy Galetti, AC Milan are now trying to hijack Silva’s move to Dortmund. And apparently, the Italians actually see him as their new top attacking target.

MORE WOLVES STORIES

Galetti wrote on X today: “AC Milan are trying to hijack Fabio Silva’s move to BVB, with the striker now seen as their top attacking target.

“The (Conrad) Harder deal with Sporting CP hasn’t been finalised yet – as revealed yesterday – as they are now pushing hard for the Wolves player.”

In a further post, he said: “AC Milan remain in advanced talks with Sporting for Harder, but delays over his replacement (Ioannidis, Panathinaikos) have pushed them to join strongly the race for Fabio.

🚨➕ More on Silva: AC Milan remain in advanced talks with Sporting for Harder, but delays over his replacement (Ioannidis, Panathinaikos) have pushed the 🔴⚫ to join strongly the race for Fabio.

Silva has everything lined up with BVB, but this late move could change the final. https://t.co/9dp2ia6O3w pic.twitter.com/kIaJs0EkgW

— Rudy Galetti (@RudyGaletti) August 26, 2025

View Tweet

“Silva has everything lined up with BVB, but this late move could change the final.”

It had been reported by Sacha Tavolieri yesterday that Silva had been ready to sign a five-year contract with Dortmund.

But we will now see if this approach from Milan will scupper their plans.

One suspects that Milan may fail, because they have no European football to offer. Dortmund, of course, are playing in the Champions League in 2025/26.

Silva sale is paramount for Wolves

At this point, it would be no surprise if this saga dragged on right the way up to deadline day.

It has taken lots of twists and turns, but ultimately the most important thing for Wolves now is that the sale is actually made.

Silva has made it clear he doesn’t particularly want to be at Molineux.

Silva admitted he never even wanted the move to Wolves in the first place back in 2020.

Wolves just need to get this player off the books once and for all. It is simply the best move for all parties.

And to sell for over £20 million, as has been suggested, would be pretty respectable business all things considered.

Read full news in source page