chroniclelive.co.uk

Newcastle United handed Jorgen Strand Larsen ultimatum as Wolves make huge demands

Wolverhampton Wanderers want more than DOUBLE the fee they paid for Jorgen Strand Larsen only last month

Wolverhampton Wanderers' Jorgen Strand Larsen has been linked with a move to Newcastle United this summer.

Newcastle United have been handed a "come and get me" plea by Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Jorgen Strand Larsen.

Sources close to the Norway international have indicated that the 25-year-old is desperate to join the Magpies after late night talks between Wolves and Newcastle on Tuesday.

Chronicle Live reported on Monday that a bid of £50m was rejected by Wolves for the former Celta Vigo man and an increase of £55m was also knocked back before the close of play last night.

Larsen is deemed as a replacement for Callum Wilson by Newcastle insiders but the Alexander Isak situation is still not resolved after last gasp talks by Toon owners to persuade him to stay.

Wolves are expected to hold out for at least £60m for the striker who only joined them on a permanent deal last month after a successful loan move from Celta Vigo in July this year.

However, Newcastle are being asked to pay more than DOUBLE what Wolves coughed up on July 1 when a £23m transaction was pushed through.

Larsen scored 14 times in the Premier League for Wolves last term with a glut of goals coming against relegated trio Leicester, Southampton and Ipswich Town.

Larsen came off the bench to score his first goals of the season against West Ham last night in the 3-2 win over Graham Potter's side in the Carabao Cup.

His boss Vitor Pereira said: “Until now, Jorgen is our player, and we'll see what happens. Football is football — every player has a price, I believe. Even Messi, or Cristiano. But he is very, very important for us. We'll see what happens.

"I know him very well. He will never, never force (a move). There are players I have known in this situation, and they just ask me not to play. But Larsen wants to play every time."

Former Norway international Jan Aage Fjortoft posted news of the second bid on X last night and said: **"**Bid of £55m rejected, but I have been told that Newcastle will be back again. Jørgen Strand Larsen has been very clear that he wants this deal to go through. He wants to play for Newcastle United."

Head coach Eddie Howe admitted on Monday that Newcastle's wish-list had changed since the start of the window and told us: "Your names at the beginning of the window and at the end of the window are always very different because a lot of the players will have moved, so naturally I think that's always the case if you're still active in the market, which we are.

"But as I've said all through the window we have to be careful we don't make a decision that impacts the long term and future windows and gives us big problems, so any decision we make will always be based around controlling PSR, good financial decisions, but also against our need and our ned is there, so let's see what happens in the next few days."

Did you know you can now get Newcastle United stories on WhatsApp? As well as our NUFC communities, we also have a channel dedicated to sending you the best news, opinion and analysis on all things black-and-white.

All you have to do is follow our channel on WhatsApp by clicking this link or you can find us by searching Chronicle Newcastle United.

Updates will then automatically appear if you select the Updates option on your WhatsApp menu and selecting the 'Chronicle - Newcastle United' channel. It's as easy as that. There are already thousands signed up, but remember to turn your notifications on so don't miss out.

Read full news in source page