footballfancast.com

"Imminent" - Agent says £80m Chelsea player is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this week

Chelsea have raised £239 million in player sales after Carney Chukwuemeka's £24m move to Borussia Dortmund, but another could soon be following him.

Thanks to their plethora of exit deals, Enzo Maresca's side possess an excellent summer net spend of just £3 million heading into deadline day, so they're under no pressure from the Premier League's PSR rules to balance their books.

uefa-euro-2024-draw

However, due to their pact with UEFA, Chelsea still need to sell certain members of the squad.

They reached a settlement with the governing body last month after Chelsea breached FFP laws, and a condition of this pact is that they must produce a positive transfer balance by the end of the window.

Failure to do so will result in them being unable to register new signings for Maresca's Champions League squad, and only players who were involved in their Conference League squad last season will count towards viable outgoings.

"UEFA have now confirmed that their auditors will only be accounting for the money made on those who were named in the squad submitted by Chelsea for last season’s Conference League knockout stages," wrote Mail journalist Kieran Gill recently.

"Crucially, that means the sales of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Everton, Noni Madueke to Arsenal and Mathis Amougou to Strasbourg will work towards satisfying UEFA, but the exits of Felix etc. will not."

This is why the sales of Christopher Nkunku and Nicolas Jackson are viewed as crucial to Chelsea's remaining transfer plans for the window.

BlueCo have been in talks over signing Man United winger Alejandro Garnacho and RB Leipzig playmaker Xavi Simons for weeks, and reports now claim that Chelsea are also eyeing Barcelona star Fermin Lopez as an alternative to the latter.

A sell-to-buy policy appears very much in effect at Stamford Bridge, but a potentially imminent exit for Jackson could be on the cards to allow Maresca's side to make room.

Chelsea-Nicolas-Jackson

Bayern Munich are in negotiations over the Senegal international, valued at £80 million, who has also attracted rumoured interest from Aston Villa and Newcastle United.

Now, the player's own agent has shared an intriguing update on his future.

Nicolas Jackson tipped to leave Chelsea within 24 hours

Speaking to Wiw Sports on Tuesday morning, Jackson's representative, Diomansy Kramara, claimed that the striker is expected to leave Chelsea in the next 48 hours, so at the time of writing now, this is now 24 hours.

“30 goals in two seasons without a single penalty. Ups and downs, but a page is turning at the Blues,” he said.

“Still grateful for yesterday, but already looking toward tomorrow, with optimism. Germany, Italy, England: the options are numerous, the decision is imminent. Thank you for the support, we see your messages, Nicolas Jackson, transfer expected within 48 hours, In shaa Allah."

The former Villarreal star was a key member of Maresca's first team last season, bagging 13 goals and six assists in all competitions, including a strike in the Conference League final.

However, the additions of Liam Delap and Joao Pedro have pushed Jackson down the pecking order, and he's not been involved in any of Chelsea's opening Premier League games as Maresca confirms he can leave.

Read full news in source page