Newcastle United have been linked with Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson this summer.
Nicolas Jackson’s agent has confirmed the striker’s future will be decided this week amid Newcastle United interest.
It is common knowledge that the Magpies are chasing a centre-forward before the September 1 deadline. Newcastle wanted a No.9 going into the window to replace Callum Wilson.
However, Alexander Isak’s continuing absence - where he is training alone and refusing to play - has amplified the problem. To make matters worse, Anthony Gordon, the makeshift striker who started the opening two games, was sent off against Liverpool.
Eddie Howe wants Callum Wilson replacement
Eddie Howe tellingly told reporters last week that the club is actively looking to replace Wilson - not Isak. He said: “We’re working hard on incomings. I wouldn’t say we’re close. We still have a little bit of time but that time will go quickly as we know.
“We’re in a position where the squad is in a really good place. But we’re still looking to replace Callum Wilson. That’s the big area that we’re working on.”
Nicolas Jackson interest
Newcastle interest in Chelsea striker Jackson has subsided in recent weeks. It is understood the Magpies considered him a genuine option until the Blues slapped a £60million price tag on the 24-year-old.
As it stands, Chelsea are keen to shift Jackson on but have not agreed a deal with any potential suitor. Bayern Munich have emerged as the front-runners to sign the Senegal international but prefer a loan move.
A temporary switch would have been Newcastle’s chosen option given Chelsea’s hefty asking price. Jorge Strand Larsen is now thought to be their top target after having a second bid worth £55million rejected last night.
Read More
Chelsea striker’s agent goes rogue
In a bombshell statement, Jackson’s agent, Diomansy Kamara, insisted a deal will be announced within 48 hours. He said: “(He has scored) 30 goals in two seasons, without a single penalty. Highs, lows…but a page is turning at the Blues.
“Always grateful for yesterday, but already looking toward tomorrow, with optimism. Germany, Italy, England: the options are numerous, the decision is imminent. Thank you for the support, we see your messages…Nicolas Jackson, transfer expected within 48 hours."
Continue Reading