givemesport.com

Just in: Fabrizio Romano reveals what Man City have told Tottenham today about £60m+ Savinho…

Manchester City have informed Premier League counterparts Tottenham Hotspur that they will not entertain allowing Savinho to head through the Etihad Stadium exit door before the summer transfer window slams shut on September 1, according to GIVEMESPORT senior reporter Fabrizio Romano.

Although the Sky Blues have bolstered their options since missing out on silverware last term, with Tijjani Reijnders being the most expensive acquisition thanks to sealing a £46.3million switch from AC Milan, boss Pep Guardiola is determined to hold onto key members of his squad.

Savinho Not On Course to Leave the Sky Blues

Savinho in action for Manchester City

Tottenham have been told by Manchester City that Savinho will not be given the green light to head to north London ahead of the fast-approaching deadline, according to respected Italian journalist Romano, as he is being seen by Guardiola as a key part of his plans for the current season and future.

The Sky Blues are in a strong negotiating position and under no pressure to sanction the Brazilian's departure as he still has four years remaining on his £40,000-per-week contract, but that has not stopped Spurs attempting to negotiate a deal as they go in search of further creativity.

Romano has confirmed that Manchester City were involved in discussions with influential figures at Tottenham today and, although Savinho has been wanting to embark on a fresh challenge in the capital, his current employers have no intention of accepting a bid worth more than £60million.

The wide forward has been assessing a move away from the Etihad Stadium as he is desperate to ensure he is a regular starter in the Premier League in order to boost his chances of being involved in the 2026 World Cup, but Guardiola is not prepared to give him the green light to embark on a fresh challenge.

Savinho is firmly on Tottenham's radar after arch-rivals Arsenal hijacked their move for Eberechi Eze last week, with the playmaker heading to the Gunners in a £67.5million deal from Crystal Palace, but head coach Thomas Frank is set for further frustration as he aims to bolster the squad he inherited from predecessor Ange Postecoglou.

Romano has revealed that Manchester City's stance over doing business with Spurs means that fellow Brazilian Rodrygo, who has a release clause worth close to £865million written into his contract, will not be joining from Real Madrid in the closing stages of the summer transfer window.

All statistics courtesy of Sofascore - correct as of 27/08/2025

Sign up toThe GIVEMESPORT Reportto get exclusive daily updates from Fabrizio Romano, Ben Jacobs, Dean Jones and Tom Bogert sent straight to your inbox

Read full news in source page