Man Utd are set for a busy few days of the summer transfer window and here is the latest gossip.
Manchester United have reportedly turned down the opportunity to sign Adrien Rabiot in the final days of the summer transfer window. Ruben Amorim would like to sign a midfielder before deadline day, with the 30-year-old one option available to the club at this stage of the summer.
United identified Carlos Baleba as their dream midfield target but distanced themselves from a move after it was made clear Brighton would demand at least £115 million for his signature. United are expected to revisit a move for Baleba next year, when they could be in the market for two or three midfield additions to their first-team squad.
Amorim only has four senior central midfielders at his disposal, with Casemiro set to depart as a free agent at the end of the current season, while there are fresh doubts over the future of Kobbie Mainoo. The 20-year-old is open to leaving United amid a reduced role, and talks over a new contract have come to a halt.
Read More
It would make little sense for United to sell Mainoo before deadline day and if they did, they would almost certainly need to sign a replacement. However, it seems like a move for Rabiot can already be ruled out after United were offered the opportunity to sign him earlier this month.
United stance on Rabiot signing
Marseille are looking to sell Adrien Rabiot permanently before deadline day after he was involved in an alleged physical altercation with teammate Jonathan Rowe. The Ligue 1 club subsequently suspended both players and made them each available for transfer in the summer window.
Rowe has since signed for Serie A side Bologna, while Rabiot is still contracted to Marseille ahead of the European transfer deadline on Monday. Time is running out for the France international to secure a summer exit and he has reportedly been offered to several clubs over a permanent deal.
Writing in his GIVEMESPORT newsletter,Fabrizio Romano claims United are 'focused on different' thing after they had been offered the chance to sign Rabiot last week. “Zero movements at the moment on this one," Romano said. "Manchester United are focused on different things.”
Last week, the notorious transfer reporter revealed United were one of the sides offered Rabiot before deadline day. “Keep an eye on Adrien Rabiot,” he said in a YouTube video. “Marseille want around 15 to 20 million euros to let him leave. Many of those close to Rabiot’s camp are proposing the opportunity to offer him to clubs, for example, to Manchester United.
“At the moment, I’m not hearing anything concrete on Manchester United in negotiations with Rabiot, he will be offered to Manchester United and many other clubs.”
Continue Reading