manchestercity.news

Fabrizio Romano says AC Milan have now started trying to sign £15m Man City player

AC Milan have made an approach to sign one of Manchester City’s stars and will look to get the deal done before the summer transfer window shuts.

With only a few days left in the current transfer window, Man City will be looking to put the final touches on their squad, with the main focus being outgoings, as Pep Guardiola wants to work with a smaller squad throughout the 2025/26 campaign.

The futures of Ilkay Gundogan, Manuel Akanji, and Ederson are all up in the air, and one, if not all of these stars, could leave.

AC Milan have become interested in one of this group and have already approached the Man City star to see if the player would be interested in switching to the San Siro.

Ederson and Manuel Akanji shake hands during Manchester City v Southampton.

Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images

AC Milan have joined the race for Manuel Akanji

Galatasaray have been pushing to sign Manuel Akanji over the last week, with the Turkish club already having a £15m agreement in place with Man City for the defender, but the Super Lig champions were waiting for the centre-back to respond to their contract proposal.

Akanji turned down Galatasaray’s offer and told them that his wage demands will need to be met if he is to move to Turkey, which has opened the doors for other clubs.

More Man City News

According to Fabrizio Romano, the Man City star has still not accepted Galatasaray’s offer, despite the club-to-club agreement in place for £15m.

🚨 Manuel Akanji has still not accepted Galatasaray bid as of today despite club to club agreement with Man City again valid at £15m.

Akanji has been approached by AC Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Crystal Palace but nothing advanced yet.

He’s currently considering his future. pic.twitter.com/AlEtIZbjGh

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 27, 2025

View Tweet

The transfer expert also says that the centre-back has been approached by AC Milan, which follows the interest of both Bayer Leverkusen and Crystal Palace; however, nothing is advanced yet.

Guardiola has made it clear that Akanji is not part of his plans for the 2025/26 campaign; therefore, the 30-year-old should look to leave the Etihad Stadium, and one club stands out.

Galatasaray are the best option for Manuel Akanji

Galatasaray would be a very exciting project for Akanji to join, as they are the best team in Turkey and can offer the Man City star Champions League football for the current season.

The Super Lig champions also have a very good squad, and they could surprise a few teams in Europe’s biggest competition, which would be a nice story in which Akanji could be a part of.

Both Bayer Leverkusen and AC Milan have new managers, which means Akanji would be walking into a brand new project with things still being put in place, while Crystal Palace are not in the Champions League, but that move offers the Swiss star the chance to remain in the Premier League.

Galatasaray are also the club that can offer Akanji the highest pay package, which is also an advantage the Turkish club have over the rest of the competition.

Read full news in source page