everton.news

Exclusive: What Kobbie Mainoo's camp is saying as Everton eye blockbuster move

Everton are one of the Premier League sides who could provide Manchester United’s Kobbie Mainoo with a late move.

The clock is ticking down on Everton to secure any last-minute deals before the deadline on Monday.

Exits will also be on the agenda for Angus Kinnear, with Everton weighing up the departure of Youssef Chermiti.

David Moyes is delighted to have landed Jack Grealish and Tyler Dibling over recent weeks, but there could be another late surprise.

The Toffees have brought in eight new signings this summer, but there will always be a feeling that more could be done to bolster both quality and depth.

Everton are keen to bring in another midfielder, and there is one player who could spark a blockbuster move for the Blues.

Mainoo has become available for a summer move and Everton News’ transfer correspondent, Graeme Bailey, has shared his latest information on the interest on Merseyside.

Manchester United v ACF Fiorentina - Pre-Season Friendly

Photo by Matt McNulty/Getty Images

Arsenal FC v Everton FC - Premier League

Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images

Everton hold an interest in Man United’s Kobbie Mainoo

Earlier this week, Everton News shared information of a rejected bid from Everton for Tomas Soucek, with West Ham United’s owners in disagreement with their manager.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

With just days remaining in the window, Everton could now turn their attention to a fresh opportunity to hit the market.

“Everton are one of the teams who are keen on Mainoo and are certainly going to be in the mix, but there are so many sides keen.

“Mainoo’s camp are considering their options but the suggestion he has rejected clubs not in Europe or in Europe over England is being downplayed by his people,” said Bailey.

“He is going to take his time, if he gets the chance to move – United are willing to do a deal but let’s see how it plays out.”

Everton are set to miss out on Yves Bissouma, with the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder expected to join Galatasaray.

There will not be a shortage of options for Mainoo, but the Toffees are certainly ready to throw their hat into the ring.

Mainoo handed rare Everton start against Grimsby

With his future at Old Trafford hanging in the balance, Mainoo was handed his first start of the season by Man United boss Ruben Amorim.

Clearly, Mainoo is not a player who is in Amorim’s initial thoughts, with the 20-year-old failing to feature in either of the Red Devils’ Premier League games.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Rio Ferdinand has admitted Mainoo is fighting a losing battle against the competition of Bruno Fernandes.

“If he’s got to dislodge the captain [Fernandes], he’s losing a fighting battle,” he said.

“Bruno Fernandes has been the talisman for this team for the last three or four years. How is he going to displace someone like him? It’s near on impossible.”

Everton have hoped their new stadium would attract players, and that has been seen with the addition of Grealish.

Mainoo could be the next in line.

Read full news in source page