sportbible.com

Xavi Simons' Premier League move hijacked as 'medical completed' amid Chelsea and Tottenham interest

Xavi Simons' Premier League move confirmed as 'medical completed' amid Chelsea and Tottenham interest

Updated 07:58 29 Aug 2025 GMT+1Published 07:51 29 Aug 2025 GMT+1

The RB Leipzig star is set to move to the Premier League.

RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons is reportedly closing in on a move to the Premier League amid interest from Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

This summer, Simons, 22, had been constantly linked with a move away from Leipzig.

Earlier in the transfer window, it was reported that Premier League giants Chelsea had agreed terms with the Dutchman but had so far failed to offer a sum that suits Leipzig.

During the 24/25 season, Simons made a total of 33 appearances for Leipzig, scoring 11 goals and assisting a further eight.

On Friday morning, it was claimed that Chelsea's London rivals, Spurs, had agreed a fee with the Bundesliga side, believed to be €60 million.

Fabrizio Romano said: "EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham agree €60m fee with RB Leipzig for Xavi Simons! Official bid accepted, green light after #THFC sent formal bid following player’s encouragement.

"Spurs want deal done today also on player side + medical in the next hours. Here we go, expected soon."

Xavi Simons is closing in on a move to the Premier League. Image: Getty

Xavi Simons is closing in on a move to the Premier League. Image: Getty

And now, Spurs look to have fully hijacked Chelsea's move with a medical said to have been completed.

Taking to social media, The Athletic's David Ornstein wrote: "Xavi Simons has completed medical before moving to Tottenham Hotspur from RB Leipzig. €60m deal agreed club-to-club + personal terms done for 22yo attacker to join #THFC pending final details being sorted between Dutch int'l and RB Leipzig."

Spurs have been on the lookout for an attacking midfielder after James Maddison suffered a serious knee injury during the club's pre-season tour in Asia.

Earlier in the month, Spurs were beaten in the race to sign Crystal Palace star Eberechi Eze, who opted to join North London rivals Arsenal.

However, Thomas Frank's search for a new attacker looks to be coming to an end with Simons now inches away from being confirmed as a new Spurs player.

Spurs have had a perfect start to the 25/26 season and Frank's men will be back in Premier League action this weekend when they take on Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Xavi Simons, RB Leipzig, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Football

Read full news in source page