shieldsgazette.com

Newcastle United have just dropped biggest Alexander Isak to Liverpool transfer hint yet - Howe …

Newcastle United head coach Eddie Howe admitted it would be ‘detrimental’ for him to spend any more time with Alexander Isak while the transfer window is open.

Howe hasn’t spoken to Newcastle’s wantaway striker since the competitive season started.

Isak has been on strike at Newcastle in a bid to force a move away from the club before the September 1 transfer deadline.

Liverpool have had a £110million bid rejected by Newcastle already this summer, but are expected to return with a fresh offer.

Newcastle are set to complete a club record signing of Nick Woltemade from VfB Stuttgart and could push to sign another striker before Monday’s deadline.

Eddie Howe done with Alexander Isak situation

Since the competitive season started, Howe has removed himself from the Isak situation and refrained from speaking to the striker over the past fortnight.

The Magpies boss admitted he felt it would be ‘detrimental’ for him to invest any time in Isak while the situation remains unchanged.

“It will be detrimental for me to invest any more time with that [Isak] situation when I have 25/30 players needing every ounce of energy and time,” he said.

"And the team needs me to focus on trying to get results, that is what I have tried to do. Other people are dealing with that situation for me it has been: 'Let me focus on the players are playing and can influence other results."

The Gazette has launched a new WhatsApp NUFC channel to bring the latest news, analysis and team & injury updates directly to your phone.Simply click this linkto join our NUFC WhatsApp channel.

While Howe has previously stated his wish for Isak to stay at Newcastle beyond the current transfer window, Friday marked a distinct change in tone from the head coach.

Howe acknowledged his preference, he also hinted that ‘things that have happened’ around the situation have altered his stance somewhat.

“Of course I would have a preference [on whether Isak stays or leaves],” he said. “But ultimately you have got to look at all the information.

“So of course I have a footballing preference, but then you have to take everything else into account, you can’t just be oblivious to things that have happened. So I’m in that position really, where I’m trying to separate myself because I have no control over it. I will let everything take its course and then deal with the eventuality.

“I don’t think you can be emotionally involved. If you’re emotionally involved you’re going to make a bad decision.

“I’ve had to separate myself from it, as Alex exited the squad, initially. I took the view that the squad needed me to be the best me and be totally focused on them.

“This situation was not going to be resolved quickly and I had no control over bringing any resolution to it. I was in that position when I took the call to move forward with the squad.”

Howe’s slight change in stance when it comes to wanting to keep Isak and the removal of himself from the situation behind the scenes is possibly the biggest Isak exit hint delivered by the manager so far.

Alexander Isak transfer best for everyone?

Newcastle would receive a Premier League record transfer fee for Isak should they accept a fresh transfer bid from Liverpool.

And when the alternative is keeping hold of a player that doesn’t want to play for the club, it’s getting to the point where agreeing a transfer is the favoured solution for all parties.

But Howe wouldn’t bite at that suggestion.

“As I’ve said, that is for other people to decide,” he said. “I’m not in control of those discussions and talks. I’m focusing on trying to bring players into the team.”

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page