everton.news

'Out for the next game': Manager says £14m player remains unavailable for selection amid…

Everton are in the market to bolster their options in midfield before the close of play next week.

The Toffees have wrapped up the majority of their transfer business already, but David Moyes will have a keen eye on potential opportunities to surface.

In Friday’s press conference at Finch Farm, the 62-year-old admitted as much, with Moyes telling Everton fans late arrivals could happen.

No guarantees were made by the Scot, but Everton, like most teams, will be keen to evaluate any late deals that may develop in the dying hours.

Having already brought in eight new signings, there is an understanding that Everton would like to add another midfielder to their squad.

With this in mind, Everton will have been put on red alert as one of their targets has been excluded from his club’s squad this weekend.

Everton manager David Moyes claps fans.

Photo by Andrew Kearns – CameraSport via Getty Images

Everton target Yves Bissouma out of Tottenham selection

With a number of options being floated around, Everton hold an interest in Yves Bissouma, with his Tottenham Hotspur future hanging by a thread.

Earlier this week, Bissouma’s proposed move to Galatasaray fell through after concerns were raised over his fitness levels.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

Speaking to the media from Hotspur Way on Friday, Thomas Frank provided the very latest on Bissouma’s future in north London.

“I think with Bissouma, one thing for sure, he’s out for the next game [Saturday vs Bournemouth] and then the specific timeline I’m a little bit in doubt of because I don’t think it’ll be that long,” said the Tottenham boss.

It is believed that Tottenham value Bissouma between £12m-£14m, but his fitness issues may well have seen his price tag take a hit.

The Mali midfielder has not featured at all for Tottenham this season, with Frank clearly not impressed by his summer disciplinary issues.

Everton would be taking a big gamble on Bissouma move

Bissouma believes he is the best midfielder in the Premier League, but his behaviour away from the pitch leaves a lot to be desired.

Not for the first time, Bissouma was suspended by his respective Spurs manager for his actions off the field.

This time, Bissouma’s persistent lateness wore thin on Frank, who suspended the midfielder from the game against Paris Saint-Germain.

It has now been suggested that Bissouma is missing as a result of an injury, but he remains strongly linked with a Spurs exit.

Whether there is truth to the injury claims remains to be seen, but he could be an opportunity that Everton feel is worth the gamble.

Back in 2010, Moyes suspended striker Jo for off-field disciplinary issues. So, he is no stranger to dealing with certain types of characters.

Read full news in source page