everton.news

Report: Kobbie Mainoo informs Man United what club he wants to join with Everton lukring

Everton have a stunning late move for Manchester United’s Kobbie Mainoo on their radar.

It would certainly make for a staggering end to the summer transfer window for Everton, but the player wants out ahead of Monday’s deadline.

Everton News understands that Everton do hold an interest in Mainoo, among a host of other clubs across Europe.

David Moyes has admitted more arrivals could land at Everton before the market closes early next week.

No guarantees are being made, though.

One thing that has been suggested is that Everton are keen to sign a new midfielder, with Harrison Armstrong receiving a lot of interest.

With midfield additions on the radar, Mainoo is believed to have now told Manchester United which club he’d like to join.

Manchester United Pre-Season Tour: Premier League Summer Series

Photo by Ash Donelon/Manchester United via Getty Images

Everton target Kobbie Mainoo tells Man United what club he wants to join

Despite the midfielder asking to leave on a season-long loan, it is reported that Man United are reluctant to offload Mainoo this summer.

The 20-year-old has not featured in the Premier League so far this season under Ruben Amorim; his only appearance came in the Carabao Cup.

MORE EVERTON STORIES

According to The Mirror, Mainoo has now informed Man United that he would like to join Italian champions Napoli.

It is suggested that Napoli have a four-year permanent deal on the table ready for Mainoo to ink in the south of Italy.

Mainoo is keen on the move, with the belief that Antonio Conte could really push his career forward after his recent struggles.

Everton also have an eye on Yves Bissouma among other potential midfield options.

But Everton will hope they can attract another exciting loan move from Manchester to Merseyside before the window shuts.

What Thomas Tuchel said about Mainoo’s future

On Friday afternoon, Tuchel issued a message to Jack Grealish, with the England manager encouraged by what he’s seen in an Everton shirt so far.

A similar message was sent to the wantaway midfielder, who is suffering from a lack of regular minutes at Old Trafford.

“Sometimes the changes in your club are not in your favour, he’s just lacking minutes, I don’t think he lacks anything else,” Tuchel told the media.

“He has the experience, he has the power, he has the quality, the talent to be on our list.

“He is on our list of players, but at the moment, in his position six/eight/10 in central midfield, we have players who are in full rhythm and who play key parts in their clubs, and this is the next step for him.”

With the World Cup less than a year away, the message is clear for Mainoo: he must play more frequently than he currently is to be within a shout of making the squad.

Read full news in source page