manchesterworld.uk

The three players who could be next to leave Man Utd after Fabrizio Romano's 'Here we go'…

Manchester United will allow five players to leave the club this summerplaceholder image

Manchester United will allow five players to leave the club this summer | Manchester United via Getty Images

Man Utd still have a few faces to get out the door before the transfer window shuts, who could be next to leave Old Trafford?

Ruben Amorim doesn’t have his troubles to seek right now with the Manchester United boss coming under more pressure than at any point in his time at Old Trafford.

There is an almost air of inevitability about the Red Devils boss’ future, however, luck has never really been on his side in recent months. A Europa League title would have helped his cause when his side dominated the final as well as two opening draws this season that so easily could have been victories. The less said about Grimsby Town the better though.

The next three players who could leave Man Utd

It was never going to be an overnight fix for United and patience is needed throughout the club if the sort of reset that could provide the platform for future and sustained success is to become a reality. The biggest problem this summer was always going to be moving on the not so famous five who didn’t want to be at the club. The “Bomb Squad” as they have been labelled is nearly non-existent with the next few players to leave Old Trafford potentially making Amorim’s job an awful lot easier.

Amorim has said that he would welcome them back into his squad, if he had to, but it looks like he might not need to swallow his pride. Fabrizio Romano has reported that Alejandro Garnacho is to be a Chelsea player and that a £40m plus add-ons deal is complete. A far cry from the £100m valuation that was once placed on the Argentina international’s head. Unlike someone like Scott McTominay, there is a feeling that Garnacho might not be as universally missed or go on to make the same sort of impact at his new club.

Who could follow Garnacho in leaving United?

United’s bid to sign Senne Lammens from Royal Antwerp makes Andre Onana’s future even more uncertain. Currently out of favour despite being fit again, his role in the defeat to Grimsby Town has probably not done him any favours. There is hope for Amorim though with Inter Milan said to be keen to take him back amid reports that their own no.1 Yann Sommer could be a target of Fenerbahce even with Jose Mourinho sacked. Onana’s future certainly isn’t at Old Trafford and the decision to let David de Gea leave to sign him looks poorer by the day and almost embodies the recent recruitment at the club.

Another member of the Bomb Squad could also be set to depart in what would be one less thing for Amorim to worry about or have to deal with. According to Fabrizio Romano, Real Betis’ efforts are “focused on Antony” and that a return to Spain could be on the cards for the former Ajax man: “Real Betis mantain their confidence to get Antony deal done, as reported last week.

“Face to face talks took place on Monday and continue today, Betis offer initial loan and want to get it done asap… still waiting on green light. Antony wants the move.” Antony wants the move, Betis want the move and United want the move, which makes you wonder what the hold-up is.

Continue Reading

Read full news in source page