liverpoolecho.co.uk

Marc Guehi to Liverpool enters 'critical 24 hours' as defender flies to complete transfer

Latest Liverpool news and transfer gossip including updates on Marc Guehi and Kostas Tsimikas ahead of deadline day

Marc Guehi of Crystal Palace applauds the fans

Liverpool transfer target Marc Guehi(Image: Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

Alexander Isak is not Liverpool's only major transfer in the works ahead of Monday's deadline. Incomings and outgoings are still on the agenda for the Reds, even at this late stage of the summer window.

There is still a lot of uncertainty whether the striker will complete a lucrative move from Newcastle United but the same might be said of Marc Guehi, who the Reds have been in talks for this month. There is possibility of signing the defender now, otherwise Crystal Palace face the prospect of their captain leaving for free at the end of the season.

Arne Slot also needs space in his squad if he is going to add two more signings to Liverpool's eight arrivals already this summer. AS Roma look to have beaten Nottingham Forest and Leeds United in the race for Kostas Tsimikas.

Here, the ECHO gathers the latest Liverpool transfer news and rumours with two days to go until the summer deadline.

Marc Guehi

The Athletic's David Ornstein made an appearance on TNT Sports ahead of Chelsea vs Fulham at Stamford Bridge. The reporter was asked for the latest on Guehi's potential transfer to Liverpool.

"My information is it’s a critical 24 hours for the Marc Guehi situation," Ornstein responded.

"Liverpool are interested, they’ve held some talks with Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace have a big decision to make - do they sell now or risk losing him for free next summer, but then they would get the sporting benefit for the year.

"It’ll probably depend on what players they can get in over the next couple of days. I think from Marc Guehi’s perspective if the club’s reach an agreement, he will go."

Content Image

Content Image

Kostas Tsimikas

Kostas Tsimikas appears to be on his way to sign for AS Roma. As the ECHO reported on Friday, the Italian side were edging nearer to a loan agreement with Liverpool, who had hoped to sell the full-back.

Now Fabrizio Romano has published a picture of Tsimikas said to be on a private jet headed for Rome so that he can complete a medical.

The 29-year-old will spend the season in Serie A without an option or obligation to make the move permanent.

He had not featured in Slot's squad so far this season as new signing Milos Kerkez has started all three matches, with vice-captain Andy Robertson providing cover.

Read full news in source page