hammers.news

Exclusive: 'Bully' - West Ham confirm Paqueta's shocking stance on future with clear winner…

Lucas Paqueta is using ‘bully’ tactics to seize control of his West Ham future the club has confirmed and he’s not the only one as a clear winner emerges between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur.

West Ham’s Brazilian playmaker Lucas Paqueta is at the centre of what looks set to be one of the biggest stories of the final days of the transfer window with Spurs and Aston Villa jostling.

The 28-year-old’s future has been the subject of intense speculation.

Especially since West Ham’s owners confirmed Aston Villa and Tottenham want Lucas Paqueta, as well as two Saudi clubs.

Hammers News understands Paqueta has absolutely no interest in a move to Saudi.

West Ham confirm Paqueta’s shocking stance on his future

The prospect of selling Paqueta to bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur, having already done a controversial deal for Mohammed Kudus, does not sit well with West Ham fans.

But along with Aston Villa, the Hammers have been among the clubs most restricted by PSR this summer.

That was until this week, when West Ham suddenly burst into life to spend over £60m on midfield duo Mateus Fernandes and Soungoutou Magassa.

MORE WEST HAM STORIES

Graham Potter is also being linked with moves for a new goalkeeper, centre-back, a striker and another midfielder before Monday’s deadline.

It seems unlikely that kind of spending won’t come at a price. That price being the departure of Lucas Paqueta.

West Ham star Lucas Paqueta arrives for a game

Photo by Ian MacNicol/Getty Images

Now Paqueta has made a shocking statement on his West Ham future with a clear winner between Aston Villa and Spurs.

Aston Villa may have been restricted on finances too, but have some money to spend on a Jacob Ramsey replacement after selling him for £43m to Newcastle while also offloading their women’s team.

The Hammers actually wanted Ramsey as a replacement for Kudus – and he was on Thomas Frank’s Spurs wish-list too.

Hammers News exclusively revealed last week that the Irons, Aston Villa and Tottenham are in a transfer triangle over Paqueta.

In midweek there were clear signs Paqueta will join Aston Villa after official talks were opened.

Clear winner between Villa and Spurs if Hammers sell Paqueta

Now Paqueta has taken his Hammers future into his own hands.

Hammers News has had it confirmed by the top spokesman for West Ham’s owners that a claim from The Athletic is true – Paqueta has essentially gone on strike for the game against Nottingham Forest.

The Athletic has claimed their sources have confirmed Paqueta has told West Ham he does not want to play at Nottingham Forest on Sunday with Aston Villa and Spurs in for him.

Hammers News can confirm the information is accurate – and is threatening to turn ugly.

Lucas Paqueta celebrates with the Europa Conference League trophy after providing the assist which sealed the victory

Photo by Jonathan Moscrop/Getty Images

West Ham: Paqueta and others trying to bully way out on cheap

Paqueta did something similar two years ago when a move to Man City was in the offing before those spot-fixing allegations emerged.

This time, though, Paqueta is said to be flatly refusing to risk getting injured and scuppering a possible move away.

A top spokesman for West Ham’s owners has confirmed Paqueta is not the only one trying to force their way out of the club.

Confirming Paqueta’s refusal to play at Forest and the interest from Aston Villa and Spurs, the top spokesman for West Ham’s board exclusively told Hammers News: “Yes Paqueta and a few others want to bully their way out on the cheap.”

The Brazilian has cut a lonely figure at West Ham of late and is unhappy his best friend at the club, Emerson Palmieri, has been bombed out by Potter with a move to Marseille in the works.

With Paqueta making a clear statement of intent on his West Ham future, the ball is now in the court of Aston Villa and Spurs.

Villa’s current offer is “nowhere near” West Ham’s reported valuation.

The Hammers are insisting they are happy to keep Paqueta and will only sell on their terms.

But the reality is this is pure transfer brinkmanship from West Ham with money clearly needed, especially if the club is to fund further signings before Monday’s 7pm deadline.

Villa have to tread carefully with their outgoings.

But following the signing of Xavi Simons, Tottenham are believed to have cooled their interest somewhat, clearing the path for Aston Villa.

Should Villa raise their offer – believed to be around £35m as things stand – to at least £50m with possible add-ons on top, then West Ham may be willing to sanction the move.

Especially now Paqueta has made his stance clear by refusing to play at Forest.

Read full news in source page