Marc Guehi
Liverpool have reportedly made a bid for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
Liverpool have made their first offer for Crystal Palace captain Marc Guehi - according to reports. The centre-back has been on radar for key figures at Anfield this summer - and they have, seemingly, taken their first steps towards forging a deal before an impending Premier League deadline on September 1.
The Reds are said to have offered £35million flat with no add-ons. That's as according to The Athletic, who indicate that the player's current club are yet to respond to that proposal.
Liverpool are said to have admired the England international for some time. Guehi only has 12 months to run on his contract with Palace so, if no agreement is reached over the next 48 hours, then they could lose him for nothing at the end of the season.
The ECHO understands Liverpool had been willing to be patient to get their man, even waiting for next summer to roll around on the chance he does not put pen-to-paper on fresh terms at Anfield.
Work continues at Selhurst Park for would-be replacements to green light a proposed move.
Despite that understanding - and chairman Steve Parish admitting that a sale could be possible this summer - the club's head coach Oliver Glaser has been public with his desire to keep Guehi in south London, at least for this season.
Speaking after Palace qualified for the Conference League group phase on Thursday night, Glasner said: "Everybody can see how many players we have available.
"Everybody can see how important Marc is, honestly, I don't know, but I really deeply hope Marc will play for us at Villa Park.
"I deeply hope that Marc will play until the end of the season for us."
Follow transfer deadline day live with the ECHO
Transfer deadline day is almost upon us and Liverpool still have business to do. It's already been a busy summer for the Premier League champions but they could still pull off a couple of blockbuster signings as the window comes to a close.
Alexander Isak's future remains unresolved, with the striker refusing to play or train for Newcastle United. Liverpool remain interested in a deal for the Swede.
Meanwhile, Marc Guehi has been a player of interest all summer and Liverpool could still launch a last-minute deal for the Crystal Palace defender.
You can keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and receive updates directly to your phone by subscribing to our LFC newsletters or joining our WhatsApp community below:
You can also follow LivEchoLFC on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook, or listen to our podcasts on Spotify or YouTube by searching for Blood Red.
For the latest news and breaking news, visit liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/liverpool-fc. Get all the major headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @LivEchoLFC - the official Liverpool ECHO LFC Twitter account - for all the latest LFC news as it happens in real time.
We're also on Facebook/LiverpoolEchoLFC - your must-see LFC news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.
Listen to our podcasts by searching for 'Blood Red' wherever you get your podcasts.
Sign up for one of the Liverpool Echo's free daily and weekly newsletters on Liverpool FC by clicking here.