Jack Byrne has left Shamrock Rovers to join Dubai Irish on loan until December.
Byrne has been absent from the Rovers squad in recent times as they earned qualification to the UEFA Conference League group stage and took control of the Premier Division race.
Dubai Irish play in the UAE Third Division League with their first league game, against Nova Star, pencilled in for 19 September.
This will be the side's third season affiliated with the league having finished seventh in their first season and 10th last term.
🤝 Jack Byrne has joined Dubai Irish FC on loan until December
Best of luck, Jack ☘️ pic.twitter.com/iVbDc8c8IK
— Shamrock Rovers FC (@ShamrockRovers) August 30, 2025
Manchester United outcast Alejandro Garnacho has completed his £40million (€46.2m) move to Chelsea, signing a deal until 2032.
The 21-year-old's Old Trafford exit was on the cards ever since the winger expressed frustration at starting May's Europa League final loss to Tottenham on the bench.
Head coach Ruben Amorim took unkindly to that and Garnacho spent pre-season training away from United's first-team having expressed a desire to leave.
Chelsea unveil Alejandro Garnacho, August 2025
The Argentinian has penned a seven-year deal
Chelsea had looked at a move in January and have completed the long-expected signing of the Argentina international for £40m, with the Red Devils inserting a 10% sell-on clause.
"It's an incredible moment for my family and I to join this great club," Garnacho said. "I can't wait to get started.
"I watched the Club World Cup and to join the world champions is special - we're the best team in the world! It's amazing to be here and I'm very happy."
Garnacho joined United from Atletico Madrid in 2020 and scored 26 goals in 144 appearances after progressing through the academy.
The winger scored in last year's FA Cup final win against Manchester City and follows Marcus Rashford, another member of the so-called 'bomb squad', out of the door.
Real Betis are in negotiations to sign Antony, who impressed on loan with the LaLiga side last season. Tyrell Malacia and Jadon Sancho complete that unwanted quintet.
Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson is to join Bayern Munich on a season-long loan ahead of a potential €65million transfer.
It has been reported that Chelsea will receive an initial loan fee of €15m and that the German champions have a purchase option on the Senegal international.
That option is understood to worth €65m and the 24-year-old has travelled to Germany to finalise the move.
Jackson joined Chelsea from Villarreal in 2023 for around €37m, scoring 30 goals in 81 appearances for the Blues.
He helped Chelsea win the UEFA Conference League last season – scoring in the 4-1 final victory over Real Betis – and qualify for the Champions League.
Jackson was not involved in their first two Premier League games of the new campaign, following the arrival of summer signings Joao Pedro and Liam Delap.
Nicolas Jackson (L) and Christopher Nkunku have departed Stamford Bridge
Nicolas Jackson (L) and Christopher Nkunku have departed Stamford Bridge
Another move away from Stamford Bridge sees Christopher Nkunku's permanent transfer to AC Milan.
The France international joined the west London club from RB Leipzig in 2023, scoring 18 goals in 62 appearances during a spell impacted by injury.
"We thank Christo for his efforts throughout his time at the club and wish him well as he begins a new chapter in his career," read a statement on Chelsea's website.
Newcastle have completed a club-record £65 million (€75m) deal to sign striker Nick Woltemade from Bundesliga side Stuttgart.
The 23-year-old Germany international becomes the Magpies' fifth addition of the summer after signing a long-term deal at St James' Park.
Woltemade said: "I'm really happy to be at this amazing club. From the first contact, I felt like the club really wanted me and had big plans for me.
Nick Woltemade of VfB Stuttgart celebrates scoring his team's third goal during the DFB Cup Round One match between Eintracht Braunschweig and VfB Stuttgart at Eintracht-Stadion on August 26, 2025 in Braunschweig, Germany.
Nick Woltemade is moving to the Premier League
"It's a big step in my life to leave Germany but everybody has welcomed me so well and it already feels like family.
"I have a really good feeling from speaking to the head coach that this is the right place for me to find my best level.
"I know the stadium from watching games on television - it looks amazing and I know the atmosphere is crazy. I'm really excited to play and start scoring goals here."
Woltemade began his career with Werder Bremen and became their youngest ever Bundesliga player at the age of 17 in 2020.
He joined Stuttgart last summer and scored 17 goals in 33 appearances before finishing as top goalscorer at the Under-21 European Championship.
Newcastle boss Eddie Howe added: "We're delighted to get Nick's signing over the line so quickly. He fits the profile for exactly what we have been looking to add to our attacking options.
"He's strong in a lot of areas - he has great technical ability and has proven himself to be a real threat in one of Europe's top leagues - but he's also still at an age where he has plenty of room to develop and grow here.
"Nick is a great character too and we're really pleased to welcome him to the group."
The 6ft 6in striker has won two caps for Germany and will wear the number 27 shirt at Newcastle.
Woltemade's arrival potentially opens the door to Alexander Isak's departure.
Isak has effectively been on strike in a bid to force through a switch to Liverpool, with the Premier League champions having already had one £110m (€127.1m) bid for the Sweden striker rejected.