rousingthekop.com

Eddie Howe confirms whether or not Alexander Isak has already said his goodbyes ahead of Liverpool move

Liverpool have just two more days in which to get a huge deal for Alexander Isak done.

The Reds have been chasing Isak throughout much of the summer, with the Newcastle United striker effectively going on strike to force through a move.

But with time fast running out, it remains to be seen whether Liverpool will get their man.

Newcastle are certainly trying to facilitate a move for Isak. After signing Nick Woltemade on Saturday, the Magpies are reportedly still pushing to get another striker through the door as well.

In theory, this would allow Isak to move on, dependent on Liverpool meeting their valuation for the Swede.

After claims emerged on Saturday that Isak had already said goodbye to his Newcastle teammates, it sounded as if that may have happened. But speaking to the press after his team’s draw with Leeds United, Eddie Howe appeared to refute that suggestion.

Alexander Isak arrives at the Amex Stadium ahead of Newcastle United's match against Brighton & Hove Albion

Photo by Shaun Brooks – CameraSport via Getty Images

Eddie Howe says he’s had no communication with Alexander Isak

The claim that Isak has been at Newcastle’s training ground to say goodbye appeared to originate from commentators on Viaplay’s Swedish language offering of Saturday evening’s game.

Pundit Jan Aage Fjortoft lent credence to the suggestion by reposting the suggestion on X.

MORE LIVERPOOL STORIES

Following the conclusion of Newcastle’s 0-0 draw with Leeds, Howe was asked for a reaction the reports.

“Eddie Howe bemused by claims Isak was at the training ground to say goodbye to teammates on Friday,” journalist Luke Edwards posted.

READ MORE: Steve Nicol says one player at Liverpool will absolutely not welcome Alexander Isak’s arrival

“Said it was the first he had heard of it and added, as manager, he would know about it if it he had done. More noise created though.”

Fellow reporter Lee Ryder added to the discourse, sharing that Howe says he has had ‘no communication’ with Isak.

“Eddie Howe says there has been “no communication” from Alexander Isak,” said Ryder. “Said he has not had a goodbye from the Sweden striker despite reports.”

Liverpool taking it to the wire for Isak

Isak may not have been saying his goodbyes to Newcastle over the weekend, but Liverpool supporters will hope that he soon will be.

After so much anger and bitterness on both sides of this transfer saga, though, it is possible that Isak will not be welcomed back to the Newcastle training ground.

As a result, it would perhaps be unwise to read too much into Howe’s comments until further details emerge.

After weeks and weeks of waiting, Liverpool fans simply have to get some updates over the next two days.

Whichever way this one goes, we’ll soon find out.

Read full news in source page